LIN Media is a local multimedia company that operates or services 43 television stations and seven digital channels in 23 U.S. markets, along with a diverse portfolio of web sites, apps and mobile products that make it more convenient to access its unique and relevant content on multiple screens.
LIN Media’s highly-rated television stations deliver important local news and community stories along with top-rated sports and entertainment programming to 10.5% of U.S. television homes. The Company’s digital media operations focus on emerging media and interactive technologies that deliver performance-driven digital marketing solutions to some of the nation’s most respected agencies and brands. LIN Media is traded on the NYSE under the symbol “LIN”.
Our company values the experiences and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings to our daily operations. Established in 1998, LIN Media’s Minority Scholarship & Training Program awards one and two-year scholarships and internships to ambitious multicultural students who are planning a career in broadcast television and digital media. By encouraging students to pursue their goals in multiplatform broadcasting, LIN Media is promoting diversity in the workplace and helping to ensure the dynamic future of local media.
Two scholarships are awarded each year – one for an individual focused on a career in broadcast television, and one for an individual focused on a career in digital media.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and have a declared major preferably in broadcast journalism, digital multimedia, mass/speech/digital communication, television production, or marketing, at a university or college within the U.S.
- Applicant must have completed sufficient semester hours or similar educational units to be classified by his/her college or university as a sophomore.
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States; and be of non-white origin.
LIN Media agrees to:
Pay the following University or College expenses not to exceed $10,000 per school year:
- Tuition and Fees
- Room and Board (Dormitory and Meal Plan)
Provide full time employment during the summer months
Provide mutually agreed upon full-time post graduation employment at one of our television stations or digital businesses:
- Competitive Salary
- Pay reasonable moving expenses if a relocation is required
The Minority Scholarship Recipient must agree to:
Sign a two to four-year agreement that includes scholarship, internship, and post graduation employment information.
- Agreement must be signed prior to scholarship payment.
- Recipient agrees to repay LIN Media for all scholarship payments if their Employment Agreement is breached by the Recipient.
Work as an Intern during completion of degree program.
- Internship scheduling will be at the mutual agreement of Recipient and LIN Media’s Management.
- Internship typically is in summer months in between school semesters.
Post-graduation: Upon successful completion of the internship and college degree program, the Recipient will be placed as an employee at a LIN Media television station or at one of its digital businesses, to be determined by LIN Media’s Management, for a minimum period of one to two years.
To download the application, please click here.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION IS JANUARY 16, 2015.
Please make sure to include a copy of your high school, college and university transcripts.
If you have any questions about the scholarship and training program, please send an email to email@example.com or contact Leanne Bevins in LIN Media’s Human Resources Department at (512) 380-4400.